Concert : Tape to zero festival, April 21 2016, Victoria Jazz, Nasjonal jazzscene Oslo
Participants: Maja S.K. Ratkje, Siv Øyunn Kjenbstad, Øyvind Brandtsegg
The objective, in the context of this research project, was live use of the “cross_shimmer” effect, testing musical applications and a recently developed feedback reduction mechanism.
* Full concert, the cross adaptive effect is used in the first few minutes.
Recording available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInAifyF1B8&feature=youtu.be&t=10767
* The effect is still not feedback safe, so the contact mic percussion pad was used as an exciter instead of taking the signal from the drumset as intended.
* The spectral input is taken from Maja’s vocal
* The musical effect works as highlighting and prolongation of features/pitches from the vocal input.
*Subjective evaluation: This works quite well
* We would like to optimize the effect so that the analysis stage spends less CPU. It is currently more CPU heavy than Hadron (1.5x)
* We would like to have a more reliable feedback prevention system, enabling the use of the effect with an open mike exciter.